Why work with Mind in Barnet?
Mental distress can affect anyone, including friends, family, colleagues and employees. One in four of us will be affected during our lifetime – that’s an amazing 13.2 million people throughout England and Wales. The overall effect on the economy, and the impact on your staff, is huge:
- Only 13 per cent of people with a significant mental health problem have paid work
- 250,000 people are admitted to psychiatric hospitals in England and Wales each year.
Working with Mind in Barnet can benefit your company by promoting your corporate social responsibility strategy, and demonstrating a commitment to mental health. There are many ways in which you can help:
- You may be considering a long term partnership.
- We can help you launch an employee fundraising programme.
- Why not nominate Mind in Barnet for a company donation?
- Your staff can gain experience and job satisfaction through volunteering with us.
- We can provide Mental Health First Aid training for your staff.
If you are interested in mental health issues and would like to find out more about supporting Mind in Barnet, then contact us on 020 8343 5700 for more details.